Berries for Africa is a family-owned business run by Leander Vosloo and his wife Margaret who are passionate about growing and supplying a wide range of berry plants. Our commitment is to educate South Africans about berry plants, their high nutritional values, and how to grow and care for their own berry plants whether they are an enthusiastic home grower or a large scale agricultural operation.
Industries that we serve include Agriculture, Food, Nursery, Chain Stores and (Fresh Mark, Checkers, Pick & Pay etc.) as well as Home Growers / Gardeners.
We envision our continent to have better access, knowledge and skills about berry plants and their highly nutritional fruit. This will help to eradicate malnutrition, hunger, poverty and having joy through the process.
Our mandate is to produce and supply the largest variety and highest quality of berry plants to those who want to produce berries to add nutritional value to their diets, for self sustainability or for commercial use. We also provide information and support about berry cultivation.
I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit. Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land.
Grateful to Berries For Africa for the great variety of plants that quickly established themselves and produced loads of fruit in the first year, ordered more this year and look forward to adding more varieties to our food forest garden. We appreciate the service and responsiveness of the team, and the plants are really good value for money
I have had terrific service from Leander at Berries For Africa, from answering my questions via email and via phone calls, to supplying very healthy Blueberry plants that arrived within a couple of days of me paying for them. I recommend Berries For Africa without hesitation and will certainly be adding more berry varieties in the not too distant future.
Growing my own berry plants does not only save me cost and effort from buying them from the supermarket but also provide me with joy when seeing these beautiful plants loaded with nutritional fruits in my own backyard.
Berries for Africa is a trusted and knowledgeable supplier of plant material. We have received great service and support from them. I would gladly recommend them to any prospective buyer.
Berries for Africa has provided Kwaden Farms with numerous plants that have developed into a strong, healthy orchard. I would recommend their products and services.
DID YOU KNOW… Berries Are Loaded With Antioxidants
- Berries contain antioxidants, which help keep free radicals under control.
- Free radicals are unstable molecules that occur as a normal byproduct of metabolism. It’s important to have a small amount of free radicals in your body to help defend against bacteria and viruses.
- However, free radicals can also damage your cells when present in excessive amounts. Antioxidants can help neutralize these compounds.
- Berries are a great source of antioxidants, such as anthocyanins, ellagic acid and resveratrol. In addition to protecting your cells, these plant compounds may reduce the risk of disease.
- One study showed that blueberries, blackberries and raspberries have the highest antioxidant activity of commonly consumed fruits, next to pomegranates.
- In fact, several studies have confirmed that the antioxidants in berries may help reduce oxidative stress.
- One study in healthy men found that consuming a single, 10-ounce (300-gram) portion of blueberries helped protect their DNA against free radical damage.
- Bottom Line: Berries are high in antioxidants such as anthocyanins, which may protect cells from free radical damage.
Source: Authority Nutrition